Sunday, December 21, 2014

Moments

Just a short post for tonight. Since I didn't have a blog last week just wanted to check in and say hi! I'm still trying to do the blog weekly. I thought the winter months would be a lot easier to get that done, but it's not! Last week little miss Autumn had her Christmas pageant and her first dance recital so to Abilene we went last week. Today Mom and I went shopping. Yes, I know what you're thinking. Wow, Kelsey you're getting your Christmas shopping done really early! Okay, so not really. I'm still not done! Four more to go, but they should be easy ones!

I got the chance to people watch at one of the stores we went to while Mom was doing something. Everybody seemed to be in such a hurry. Places to go and things to do. Mom and I were no different at most of the places we went. But the thing I will remember about this day for quite some time is not the gifts I bought or the places we went, but the time I got to spend with my mom. Since I got married we don't often get the chance to be together and just have fun going shopping together. I enjoy the time I get to spend with her. I'll also remember the kind gentlemen at Walmart that was walking by as I was reaching to get something off the very top shelf that stopped and got it for me. It's the little moments in life that we remember. Not if everything was perfect at our family dinners, if the tree was decorated or situated exactly right or whether or not we got the most expensive gift. We'll remember the times that meant something to us. At a recent funeral I attended one of the sons talked about the moments in life. He had a fancy word for it, but what we will remember most about life is the moments in life that meant something.

This holiday season as we hopefully spend time with family, be sure to remember why we're celebrating. Appreciate the people in your life and the time we get to spend with them. We never know when our last moment will arrive so make the most of every one that we get. Create the moments in life, this holiday season, that you will think about when your time comes to an end. Merry Christmas and Happy New Years!

No comments:

Post a Comment