Sunday, February 16, 2014

One of Those Weeks

Ok...big sigh...it has been one of those weeks. We're still calving, although they are slowing down the rate they're having the babies. The weather is improving (so I hear, since I haven't been outside for a while), so that's great news. We've had sick baby calves this week so everyone was stressed and not in the best of moods. A lot of our time was spent doctoring the babies and keeping the cattle fed. Then at the end of the week, I got sick-flu sick. Friday afternoon and all day Saturday I was in bed. Matt started to not feel well yesterday, but I guess he's a lot stronger and more tough than I am because he's out doing chores and says he feels fine. Today I'm doing better, my back isn't allowing me to be in bed anymore it hurts so bad, so I'm up in the chair at least. I have the washing machine and dishwasher running so that makes me feel a lot better! Honestly, I was going to skip doing a blog this week, but on the way out the door Matt asked me if I was going to get the blog posted today, so since he apparently enjoys them so much, I'm making an effort.

I have had a few questions about where to find credible information. The following websites are what I believe are very credible websites. A lot of them have actual farmers giving the information with scientists and experts backing up the information. I'm going to try to address some of the issues on these websites; however, it may be a while so if you have any questions in between please look at these websites.

bestfoodfacts.org
fooddialouges.com
gmoanswers.com
findourcommonground.com

Let me know which one you think is the best and easiest to navigate.

That's about all I've got for this week. The recipe I have for this week is one I made for last Sunday when we had lunch at my parents. I got the idea off the internet. It's super simple and really cute. You've probably made the same thing multiple times. All I did was make brownies and baked them in to round cake pans. After cooling one brownie went on the bottom. I added some cool whip and strawberries. I repeated for the top layer. Super simple and it looked pretty professional! Enjoy!


Hope you all have a great week! Sorry about the shortened blog! Though my mom told me I should shorten it so it doesn't take so long to read so mission accomplished! 


No comments:

Post a Comment