Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all the dads. Hope you all have a fantastic day and get to spend some of it anyway with your children!

Not going to be a lot about agriculture this week. So much great things happening in my life and my friends' lives. One of my really good high school friends married another classmate of ours yesterday. I didn't actually get a picture with her. She was a beautiful bride and I'm so excited as she begins this next journey. She's moving about 30 minutes away from us so I'm excited that we'll get to be close! I have been married for about 8 months now and I couldn't be more excited for them to start the amazing trip of the rest of their lives. So change the white dress to being on her and a little different background and it would have been yesterday for her. Glad we got a pic at my wedding. Don't know how I could have forgotten to get one with her! Anyway, Strube and Audra I wish you the absolute best!


This is a couple of my other really great friends. Janae (the one on the left)  is getting married next summer. So excited for her! She and I cut the cake for Audra and will be lighting candles in another friends wedding next weekend. Shelby (in the middle) got married a couple years ago? She has two beautiful children. I'm so blessed with wonderful friends! Photo credit goes to Ben (Shelby's husband). He took it while holding their baby, a diaper bag and the phone. Then made sure to ask us if it was an acceptable photo!

This week I hauled quite a few loads of corn to the elevator. Abilene goes with me everywhere that she can. My parents and sister were babysitting her this weekend so we didn't have to leave her alone the whole time we were at the wedding. She's now 20 pounds. When we got her, she was 15. This is how she rides when we take loads. Normally, she sleeps about half the day and is really active the other half. 

My brother-in-law sent me this picture this morning. My sister and him took Abilene with her while they were choring. Apparently, they forgot to feed her breakfast so she found her own. Only problem is it's cat food, but I'm glad to know she's resourceful!

At the elevator we normally unload on one side of the elevator. There was a socket dropped into the dump so the whole thing shut down. The elevator is very high tech and detects when something (like a socket) gets dropped in the hole with the grain. They were working on getting it out, but in the meantime the trucks got to dump rail side. This means that we dumped where the trains come through. We dumped on train tracks. The system works the same, but the trains can come through and be top loaded. This is a picture of the system. 

This week we sold one of our combines and header. I've never seen them being loaded before so I found it very interesting. The truck actually disconnects with the trailer and the combine is loaded onto the front of the wagon instead of the back. You can see Matt directing so the combine is on the trailer evenly. In the background on the left is the semi that pulls the trailer. 

This is the trailer connected with the combine and head loaded. 

Matt, my ingenious Forever, welded a bracket onto a loader of the tractor. The combine couldn't lift the head high enough to get it onto the trailer so he made something to lift it with the tractor. He's so great at ideas like this and implementing them so they work. I just wish it wouldn't have been at 10:30 at night when we were doing this and getting up at 5:30 the next morning to finish it before the truck showed up at 6:30.

We have awesome neighbors in the Slipke's. I didn't take any photos (go figure). They had us over for a barbecue this week. It was so much fun! They have a puppy that is about the same age as Abilene so they had a blast playing and we had such a great time with them and the girls. Thanks Slipke's for having us over. Next time we can do it at our house! 

No recipe this week. Have fun being outside with your dads barbecuing. 

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment