Monday, September 15, 2014

Change

Change is usually not easy. Many resist change. And sometimes change happens and you just go with it and make the best of it.

Matt and I were given an opportunity for me to apply for a job at our local FSA (Farm Service Agency). We were both happy with our current situation; however, this job would be a pay raise. With our goal of being debt free before having kids this would decrease that happening from 100 years to about 95 years. Okay, that was a lot of sarcasm. So neither of us was sure about whether to apply or not, so Matt suggested I apply and see where it goes. So I did. Next, I received a call to interview. So Matt and I decided I would and see where it went. The morning after the interview I got a call offering me the job. So after a lot of thinking we decided to accept the job. It is a full time temporary job. It's only through March. Unless the government runs out of money before then, then I'll be let go before then. Or the time could be extended. I'm full-time, but on a compressed schedule. This means I work eight 9 hours day, one 8 hour day and have a day off in the pay period.

You're probably thinking this isn't a big deal. Most of America has full time jobs. However, for Matt and I this is a HUGE deal. Matt and I have been married for 11 months and 3 days. We work with each other every day. We talk hourly, if not more, every day. We can go on date nights or date days whenever we want. Rainy days we can sleep in. I'm 22 years old and have NEVER sat in one place for 9 hours straight. I grew up on a family farm and have always been very active. My first day of work, my body ached when I got home from sitting all day. After the first week in our temporary new life I have been more motivated to exercise than I have ever been before, so it's not all bad. Matt and I have been adjusting to being apart and not talking all day. I don't know how you all do it. I miss him so much. I've been doing a lot of filing in the first week which is fairly boring, but it will get better.

Well, that's about all the information about the change in our lives. We're fall calving cows right now. We've been having lots of twins. We don't let the cows raise twins. So that means we have a lot of bottle calves. But, with normal calving operations, we've lost a few for various reasons so we've used a few of them on them and are in the process of getting the cows to adopt the babies.

Okay, so that's about all I've got. Sorry about the shortness and probably let down for not very exciting change news for most, but for us having a full time job is a BIG change that we're still adjusting to. We'll get there.

Hope you all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment