Sunday, September 7, 2014

Twins week!

Sunday, sunday, so good to me. It's been a week of twins on our operation. I've been remembering to take lots of pictures so enjoy!

This is some of our fall cattle. Just showing how calm the cattle are. We were cleaning the waterer out so it would be clean for them. 


Do I have a spoiled dog or what? She got Sonic! It was just water, but still!!

Matt thought he could cross here. Obviously not. Made for a good laugh when I went and pulled him out though. 


The first of our twin filled week. We are officially fall calving.  I went and checked them one night. Tagged this baby and everything was good. Went back the next morning and she had another one. So we took this for a spare. 

Twin number 2. Checked cows one night and she had one and was having another. It was getting dark so we brought this one in. I was on babysitting duty and the bugs were biting really bad so I brought her into the bathroom. 

And twin number 3 with Abilene. The first couple calves she wasn't sure about riding in the pickup with. By not sure I mean she road on one side of me while the calf ran on the other side. 

Eventually, they both started getting used to each other. And rode on the same side together. 

Both of the twins in the morning. Matt was fixing their bottles to feed them and I was babysitting on the porch with Abilene. 

Some people have dogs, but Matt has calves. They were running all over the deck playing. 


Full pickup. 2 calves, Abilene and myself. They all rode very nicely.

If you look very closely, that's Matt reading directions. That's all I have to say about this picture, just a man reading directions. Didn't know if there was any other picture in the world with a man reading directions. Wanted to document it. 

This week Margaret and I picante sauce. Margaret had a whole bunch of tomatoes so we made picante sauce. I don't have the recipe right now, but I'll put it in a future blog.



That's all I have for this week! Hope you have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment