Sunday, January 18, 2015

Quick Read!

Okay, I'm getting really bad about posting blogs. It seems I only make about every other week. I haven't taken nearly enough pictures to catalog the past couple weeks. Nothing really exciting happening. FSA is getting busier with producers starting to sign up for the new farm programs. The farm is getting much busier, if possible. Calving has started, fertilizer needs spread, and more cattle to bring home yet along with all the typical day to day things. I try to help on the farms in the evenings and weekends when I can. Time is just flying. Doesn't seem like I get anything done. The pictures will have to speak for me. Lots left to do tonight.


Life is rough for our Abilene. She gets to sleep in the seat and uses the side for a pillow. She doesn't even have to ride on the floor. If either one of us gets much bigger, something will have to change. 


My help spreading fertilizer today. She really does more than just sleep, but when she's in the tractor with me, that what she spends a lot of time doing. 


Couple things with this photo. The plates are out of the set that my mom got us for Christmas. I LOVE them! Second, that's a fairly gourmet meal for me. Salad, bacon wrapped mini meatloaf, twice baked potato and roll. That's about as good as I get. 
And for dessert. I can't claim credit for this. I only get so much time. 
This is what our new dishes look like!!

My first calving season check of cattle and I found twins! She's taking care of both of them so we're going to let her keep them in the pasture. She's being a really great mom! 
I am blessed with wonderful high school classmates that I still keep in touch with. We got to meet up sometime in the past couple weeks and catch up. I graduated with small class, but not quite this small. This is all that could make it though. 



One of the advantages of growing up and staying close as a class is the opportunity to expand our numbers with our significant others. I got to meet Chris' girlfriend, Kayla, and could not be happier with his choice.


Sorry about the irregularity of my blogs and for lack of agriculture structure. I keep thinking I'm going to get more time, but I never do. Where does all the time go?

Hope you all are having a great week! 


No comments:

Post a Comment