Sunday, January 25, 2015

YF&R

Another week of 2015 gone. Can you believe it's almost February! In just one short week, we are 1/12 of the way through 2015. Are your resolutions still in effect? Hopefully so! 

This past weekend I had the opportunity to attend the Kansas Young Farmers & Ranchers Conference with my sister and brother-in-law. Farm Bureau considers young farmers and ranchers to be 18-35. There were several collegiate chapters there as well as many young farmers. This conference is intended to be a educational networking event. Over the weekend we had the opportunity to hear professional speakers, attend workshops and even tour the new K-State sports complexes. 

It's a great opportunity to interact with fellow producers and hear some industry leaders. The only two pictures ironically, is of the football field from the press boxes. That's as close as I will come to being in the suites in the west stadium. For those that know me, I'm not a sports fan. I don't enjoy thinking about how much money athletes are making and all the perks they get. I'm sure they are great people with big dreams, just making it through college using their talents. I just wish I had some sort of talent like that! 



Anyway, busy night still ahead of me. Lots to get done, yet. I know I say it every week, but I'm hoping to get some good blogs with good agricultural information in soon! Time just seems to go WAY too fast. GMO's were a big topic at the conference and I'll do a blog on that soon. Just need more time! 

Valentine's Day is just around the corner guys! Start your planning, don't wait until the last minute!

Hope you have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment