Sunday, August 24, 2014

Girls Vacation

Sorry for not having a blog last week. We were gone on our vacation. A couple years ago my mom started the girls vacation. Ever since we've gone on a yearly vacation with just the girls. This year we went to Colorado. So it was my mom, my two older sisters, my oldest sister's daughter and myself. Georgetown was our first stop and Estes Park our second. While staying at Georgetown we did some driving through Loveland Pass. We went paddle boating and kayaking. We went to Breckenridge and road a gondola to the top of the mountain. Once there we went down a big slide on a scooter thing. My niece is 3 so we did things that she would enjoy. But, to be honest it was a lot of fun. Having her is just an excuse to do all the fun things that people would judge us doing if we didn't have a kid.

After leaving Georgetown we took the scenic tour up to Estes Park where we stayed in a condo for five nights. While there we took Trail Ridge Road through Rocky Mountain National Park, go-karting, bumper boating, walks around the lake, lots of swimming and relaxing. As you can imagine with 4 women and a 3 year old that didn't get naps all the time, things were sometimes rather stressful. Overall,   it was a great trip. Saw a lot of things that I hadn't seen before. I missed Matt like crazy though and was very very very happy to be home.
Kristen and Autumn go-karting

Autumn and I bumper boating. I'd never done this before and it was TONS of fun. I want Matt and I to build me some of these to use on the ponds.

Autumn LOVES train so she loved this little train.

Kristen, Autumn and Mom in front of the activity place. Mom wanted to prove that she went go-karting.

There was an elk right in town! Kayla saw it while we were driving. We were one of the first people there taking pictures.

The female elk was there too. 

By the time we left there were like 50 people there taking pictures. It was like somebody put out an emergency alarm that there were elk in town and all the tourists converged. It was crazy!! We have nothing better to do than take pictures of elk in town! It was ridiculous! But incredibly funny. 

And of course we had to go down a giant slide. 

Those are the few pictures I had on my phone. The rest are on my sisters' cameras. That's the very brief synopsis of our vacation.

On the farm, we're gearing up to start fall calving soon. Matt got all the hay hauled while we were gone so we're all caught up on that. The next project is to get the combine out and get it ready for harvest which will be here before we know it.

Hope you all have had a great couple weeks and will have a good week this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment