Sunday, May 31, 2015

Beef Month

So May is Beef Month. And true to my normal timing, I'm doing a blog about beef on the last day of the month so enjoy beef not just in May, but the rest of the year.

I grew up on a beef farm and married into a beef farm so our freezers have always been full of beef for cooking. My mom was always really busy with farming, cattle, paperwork, cleaning and taking care of us to do a lot of cooking which was fine by us. Since getting married, my mother-in-law does a lot of cooking for us, but with our own freezer of meat to cook and a husband to cook it for, I've been trying to learn some new recipes and cook with cuts that I haven't used before. Matt would probably tell you I'm failing miserably, but since I grilled hamburgers for him before he got home tonight a few minutes ago, I don't think he should complain to much.

I'm, of course, still learning and will always be learning. One of the ladies in the Leadership KFB class that I'm in works for Certified Angus Beef. She pointed me to their website and I've found it very useful. It will show you where the cut came from on the beef and give you several recipes and ways to cook it to perfection. Here is their website- https://www.certifiedangusbeef.com/ I would highly encourage you to visit it before visiting your grocery store to know which cut to choose or if you already have some meat in your freezer it's very handy for new recipe choices.

We've been spraying some weeds today and been getting ready for a busy week coming up. We'll be very busy getting the rest of cattle rearranged to grass, drilling the triticale ground, possibly replanting and helping my mom get her cattle out to grass.

Lots more to tell you about what's going on on the farm, but it's off to get some sleep for me with a very busy week coming up.

Hope you have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment